CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Simple Things

It is the sweet simple things of life which are the real ones after all  --Laura Ingalls Wilder

I think this is so very true.  One of my best memories of my dad stems from a spring morning when he woke me up and without telling me where we were going took me for a walk back into our woods (we lived in the country) and after a while of walking quietly we came to some heavy brush and he moved it aside and there on the forest floor was a sleeping fawn who couldn't have been more than a few days old.  It was beautiful to see such a miracle of nature up close in it's element.
 
All stamps used are Unity Stamp Co.  So & So Loves (tree background), A Magical Season (fawn) and sentiment from Rockin' It Unity Style (March 2010 KOTM).  I used distress markers for the coloring and inking on the background and fawn and I blended the fawn a little more with some watercolors.
I am entering this card in the Mountain Plains Crafters Lawn Fawn challenge to use a lawn and/or fawn on your project.

2 comments:

SherylK said...

I have had that March 2010 KOM for a couple of years....and NEVER paid attention to that stamp or who the author of it was. I LOVE LIW. And I LOVE this sweet card with your sweet story. Thank you so much for playing with us at Mountain Plains Crafters. Good Luck. ~Sheryl

MariLynn said...

This is super cute. Thanks for sharing it with the Mountain Plains Crafters.