CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Mom's Day!

I got Mother's Day cards done early this year thanks in part to inspiration from a new challenge blog over at Mountain Plains Crafters!  Check out their blog for great inspiration!  They are 3 ladies I've been following on Friends With Flair for some time and they are branching out to start their own crafty blog. 
Here is the inspiration photo I used to make my card.  Isn't it pretty!?!

I knew I wanted to watercolor and used this flower bouquet as a jumping off point. I used a flower stamp from Unity's Strength & Dignity KOTM and the sentiment is a Unity Itty Bitty.  I love pink, orange and yellow color combos and used some green and teal in the background.  Of course my cards usually have a mind of their own and so some dark blue got dabbled in as well.  :)
Here is my card, done in time to mail out to my mom!
 
I hope all you moms out there have a wonderful Mother's Day Weekend!  I wish I could spend mine with my mom but I will instead be loving on my little ones hopefully with a mimosa in hand and feet up (I can dream can't I?)!

5 comments:

Christina's Creations said...

So pretty, I've got to use that KOTM more! :)

Mountain Plain Crafter said...

Wow! You did this so beautifully! Your mom is going to love it!

Mountain Plain Crafter said...

And thanks so much for participating in our first challenge!

Waving My Wand said...

Good golly, this is gorgeous!

SherylK said...

Crystal...this is BEAUTIFUL. Thank you so much for playing with us at Mountain Plains Crafters. We look forward to seeing more of your creations at our next challenges :)