CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 24, 2015

Sending Love

I almost didn't have anything to share today for Friends With Flair because I haven't had any crafty time in nearly 2 weeks! :( I was having severe withdrawl so instead of going to bed last night when I should have (my toddler has currently been waking me up for the day at 4am), I forced myself to go to my craft table for at least 10 minutes and try to make something. I spent a little longer than that because this card started coming together by itself pretty quickly!


The flower stamps are from Unity's Feb 2015 SMAK kit Life is What You Make It. The leaves are Dylusions Around The Edge and the sentiment is from Hero Arts. I created the background using Worn Lipstick and Broken China distress inks sponged on and then spritzed lightly with water. While that dried I stamped the flowers and leaves onto watercolor paper, colored with ink for the flower and Dylusions for the leaves and cut out. When my background was dry I stamped the flowers and leaves onto it and colored the leaves with a paintbrush dipped into my Dylusions spray ink. I also spritzed the cut out flowers with a clear glimmer mist and popped them up onto the card.

I am linking this up to Unity's FWF linky party and look forward to seeing everyone elses lovely Unity creations from this week!

Happy Friday,

Crystal

17 comments:

Becca Yahrling said...

Beautiful card. Looks like it took hours to make!

Bananastamper said...

Pretty card! Glad to hear you got some time in your craft space! Sometimes we have to push ourselves to get in there after an absence. Been there!
Shanna :)

DIANA L. said...

This is so pretty Crystal I love it.
I did not see this on Unity FWF yet, but I hope to . Have a blessed day, my friend
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Ps I have a mothers day challenge on my blog right now look at my right side bar for the challenges and giveaways

DIANA L. said...

Oh how funny I did see it on Unity I happen to leave comments on the unity FWF from 2 weeks ago silly me now I have to do it all over again.

i'm with the band said...

This is so pretty! It looks like it was tons of fun to make!

Ruby said...

Stunning card.

Carol said...

Just popping over from FWF to admire your beautiful card Crystal.

Brandi R said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors and those flowers ♥

Caroline said...

Great way to combine stamps and inks!! Love those flowers and the layering. The leaves are perfect :)

Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D- said...

Your Unity FWF card is soooo pretty. Thanks for sharing.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot.

Gaylynn said...

Crystal, this is beautiful. Lovely flowers and colors.

Dawn Fields said...

This card is gorgeous! Lovely design! I picked up a few Dylusions paints today at a stamp show; can't wait to use them!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Gorgeous work, as always, Crystal. I can never get enough of lovely floral inspiration.

Sue D said...

Very pretty colors!

Janis said...

Crystal, this is so pretty!!! So glad you were able to get some crafting in! My mojo has been totally out the window lately....as has my energy level. So I know what you mean abt almost not getting a FWF project in. So glad you shared your card with us!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Mandi said...

I love this Crystal so vibrant :)