CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 3, 2015

ATC's and APC's

I started making ATC's (artist trading cards) and APC's (altered playing cards) this past month and have become addicted to these tiny art forms! I love to grab my paints, stencils, stamps, dylusion ink sprays and just start playing and see what emerges.

Here are a couple of things I made within the week using my Unity Stamps. The first ones use a lot of background stamps from a few different SMAK kits as  well as the butterfly from Vintage Era Backgrounds. The sentiment is from the Nov 2013 SMAK kit Be Your Own Beautiful. The stars are from a Dylusion stencil.

 I made 2 of these putting my ATC's side by side to paint so they are not exactly the same. I used white acrylic paint on my Unity background stamps and did a layer of white paint with the star stencil and then a layer of pink so the pink would pop a little more.
 I also used the same Vintage Era Background kit to decorate my envelope as well as a Tim Holtz sunburst stencil and some yellow acrylic paint.
Envelope backside.
 
This last one is an Altered Playing Card that I covered with a light layer of gesso, sprayed with Dylusion inks, stamped the wing and pure heart background from Nov 2013 SMAK for the background and then used a gel medium to adhere the sentiment (from Dylusions) and the bird from Unity's March KOTM. Both were painted with Dylusion inks.
I am linking up to Unity's Friends With Flair today and I wish you all a very wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter if you celebrate!

20 comments:

Brandi R said...

Beautiful! Love the vibrant colors....and the envelope is just adorable! ♥

Bananastamper said...

Gorgeous and FUN! I love "meeting" people who also decorate their envelopes! I don't do it with every project, but I do often and love how it completes the project!
Happy Easter!
Shanna :)

Becca Yahrling said...

Very nice cards and I love that you decorate your envies, too (my mom always saves the envelope because it's always decorated); it just completes the celebration.

JPScraps said...

Fabulous projects! I love the ATCs

Carol said...

These are fabulous Crystal, love the gorgeous colours. Carol x

Ruby said...

Lovely cards.

Linda said...

If I could pick the winner of week it would be you!

Gaylynn said...

Really nice creations. Awesome designs and creativity.

Life of a Caffeinated Mom said...

All of this are so great. Love the colors. The bird card is fantastic.

nancy carroll said...

All awesome, love the colors.

Dawn Fields said...

Gorgeous projects! Your selection of color combos are always fabulous! Love!

Lisa :) said...

Beautiful colors, so bright and vibrant!!

DIANA L. said...

You have me wanting the butterfly what a stunning card I love it.
I saw this on Unity FWF. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Your card is amazing, as is your envelope..... but the at playing card is out of this world!

D- said...

I spotted your card at Unity FWF and came over for a closer look.
They all turned out wonderfully. Thanks for sharing all of them.
Crafty hugs,
Dawn
DesignsByDragonfly {blogspot}

Janis said...

LOVE all your vibrant colors and the fabulous images all put together into awesome projects....your ATCs, altered playing cards, and your fabulous and incredible envelopes. LOVE those, as I say nearly every time!!! :)
Saw you on FWF!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love what you did with your card projects. Saw you on FWF.

Kim
Craftisan Studios
Design Team Showcase

Eric said...

Very nice work! I love it. Thank you for your nice comment on my blog. I would be happy to exchange mail art with you. Send me your address at eric (dot) bruth (at) gmail (dot) com
If you have any favorite subject let me know.
Thanks

Sue D said...

These are fabulous!

Donna K said...

Hey girl. I kinda feel like I'm stalking you all over social media, but I haven't been able to get by your blog recently. You are really blowing my mind with all of your colors and bold inspiration. That playing card is amazing. I hope you had a great Easter and that you have plenty of time to create as we approach warmer weather. Have a happy rest of the week, Crystal! xx Donna K