CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 2, 2012

For the Record

Happy November!  October is probably my favorite month of the year so I'm a little sad to see it come to an end.  It sure was busy and mostly fun, fun, fun but I am actually looking forward to some slower and more relaxing days in November.
Hopefully all of you and your friends and family on the east coast made it through the storm safely.   We have family in NYC and Philly and were very relieved to hear from them afterwards.  Here in Michigan we had 50mph gusts of wind hitting our house and I can't even imagine how bad it was out on the coast.

Oh yeah, I do have cards to share today too!  Happy Friday and Friends with Flair!  I just love Unity Stamps and they have the most amazing background stamps.  Sadly mine don't get inked up as much as I'd like but I got to a few of them this week.  :)

On my first card I used NO patterned paper whatsoever!

For this one I used Poppy Chevron and Distressed Hearts.  The sentiment is from Love Survives Everything.  I masked it and stamped the distressed hearts over it.  The heart is popped up by 2 other folded hearts.  For the Record is from the Simple Pointers Itty Bitty.

For my next card  I used Unity's lovely Woodgrain Script background stamped in Worn Lipstick distress ink.  I was inspired by the design and colors of Corri Garza's Brave Girl card here and Karen Maldonado's acetate butterfly here.  The butterfly stamp is from Moment By Moment.  The sentiments are both from Unity's Empowered Words.  The patterned paper is My Mind's Eye.




Thank you for stopping by today and have a great weekend! 

18 comments:

Julie Odil said...

I need to use my background stamps more. You've inspired me! I got my grab bag from you this week! Such fun! Thanks so much!

Angeline Choo said...

These are stunning!!! LOVE how you used 100% Unity stamps to create gorgeous cards. I definitely love the colors you chose too.

Jingle said...

These are both great cards!

Jen M said...

both are great but I really love the second one with that pretty doily and flower embellishment! So chic!

LauraJane:) said...

LOVE LOVE that flower on card 2! so feminie:)

Carol L said...

Chevrons ....I LOVE them, and card 1 looks fantastic with that 3D heart! I adore that beautiful flower on the wooden background on card 2! NJ on both!

joetterer said...

great use of the pointing hand! such a sweet heart saying too.

Ruby said...

Love the use of chevrons. Great way to make the backgrounds.

Emily Keaton said...

These are so sweet! I especially love that great pink woodgrain. That second card layout is fab!

Lucy E. said...

Pretty cards! I love that butterfly! I want to try that!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful cards! Love how you made your own backgrounds. And the acetate butterfly is amazing!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I think the background stamps that show up each month in the kit, have to be my favorites. Now that I see how you used them so wonderfully, I must get them out and play more.

JPScraps said...

Both cards are fabulous! I really like the no patterned paper card!

Unknown said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful cards!! LOVE the backgrounds you used!! (=

jennifer mitten said...

What lovely cards!

Tameko said...

Both cards are uniquely beautiful! Thanks so much for the happy mail, I received this weekend. Have a wonderful week.

Cheri said...

I like the sort of rough/distressed look to both cards. Lovely!