CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Art Journal cover

Earlier this week I decided that I wanted to jump into the world of art journaling/mixed media.  WOW, I didn't know what I was getting myself into at the time but after 2 days of working on my cover I am an addict!!!  My daughter asked what I was working on and of course wanted to start an art journal of her own.  She's 2 & 3/4 years old and wants to start her own blog to show off her artwork too.  I'm going to try to find some time later today to work on that with her and then I'll add a link.  I think I've created another monster because she LOVES stamping too!
Here we are enjoying the process of creating our journals (yep, we're working out on the deck in the BEAUTIFUL 75 degree early March weather!).



Here is my very first attempt at journaling:



I started this project not having any vision in mind but just going where my heart and the art took me.  I'll be honest, I don't love the end result but I had the best time creating it and it makes me happy.  There is certainly a lot I have to learn about mixed media and the best way to do that is through discovery.  I have some smeared inks on here because I used some pigment inks and didn't wait long enough for them  to dry before adding other elements with mod podge.  Lesson learned.
Supplies:
All stamps are by Unity Stamp Co (Moment by Moment, With Her Own Wings, Distressed Quilt, Delightful Moments (tree retired), Happiness Is, Moxie
Coloring mediums used: Gesso, acryllic paints, distress inks, pigment inks and colored pencils.

Thanks for stopping by and reading this long post!  Hoping to get some more pages done soon!

5 comments:

Maria said...

That's wonderful! I love your page! I love art journalling and I'm doing more of it recently. Currently I'm taking a class The wild art of abandonment.

angie/shuggy said...

that is awesome!!! i'm totally hooked on my art journal at the moment!!

Barb King said...

I want to start one of these, good for you for getting going with it!

Lisa Arana said...

This is fabulous Crystal. i'm too scared to start one of my own. i envy your bravery! :) I think it is a lovely start.

Emily Leiphart said...

Your art journal cover is gorgeous, Crystal! How fun that your daughter is stamping with you!!