CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 15, 2011

Classy and Fabulous Birthday!

It's Friday again and time for another Friends with Flair!  You can find some fabulous creations by gals who love inking up their Unity Stamps here every Friday!
This past weekend we celebrated my hubby's grandma's 93rd birthday!  This is the card I made for her.  I just know that back in the day she was a fashionista and thought this card was perfect for her.  I LOOOOVE this sentiment (that's the main reason I bought this set plus it was on sale ;)).  For the inside of the card I wrote Happy Birthday to a woman who is both!

I don't love the way this turned out but I was in a time crunch (finished it about an hour before her party).  I knew I wanted to use this stamp and sentiment but was having a hard time finding papers to match the classy and fabulous feel that I wanted the card to have.  Don't you just hate it when you know you have the perfect papers for a project but can't seem to find them!?!  Oh well, she loved it so that's really all that matters right? 
The pretty frame is cut with my Cricut Elegant Edges cartridge out of Echo Park paper at 4 1/2".  The striped PP is old Bobunny.  I was looking for a paper with pretty and elegant swirls to it but couldn't find the one I had in mind.  I also think the pearls on here clash with the polka-dot frame but it needed some bling and I was just really rushed to finish it.  Hate it when I don't plan ahead for special cards.
Happy Friday everyone, wishing you all a fabulous weekend!!!

14 comments:

Jen M said...

I really like it! You are too hard on yourself! This is one of my favorite sets, too.

Jingle said...

Yes she should. And your card just so happens to be fabulous, too.

Erika said...

Wow, you are incredibly talented!!! I try to scrapbook but am already a year behind on Julia's books and she's only 2 - ha!

I love all of your stuff - wish I could do that too!

Morissa Sweeney (YT - ShamrockShe) said...

Creating is a ...creative process. lol! I think it turned out fine, but most of us know how you feel. No worries. It's lovely!

Jocelyn Olson said...

I'm glad she loved it! The stamp and sentiment are fabulous! I really like the pp you used!

Houses Built of Cards said...

That is one of my FAVORITE sayings! And love the colors you used!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Erin said...

in LOVE with this card and design!!! so cute!

Unknown said...

gorgeous love it

Jackie S said...

Turned out very cute. Love that sentiment

Unknown said...

It is a fabulous card!!! Of course she loved it you made it. You did a great job. Hugs, Pam at http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/

Ruby said...

This is a beautiful card.

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Crystal! I love the colors and your design! You should definitely enter this into the Simply Sunday Fashion-ista challenge at Getting Cricky! (http://www.gettingcricky.com/2011/07/simply-sunday-fashion-ista-challenge.html) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

jennifer mitten said...

It looks pretty fabulous no matter what you think:-)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH! LOVE this card--super fashionable! LOVE the pearls:)