CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Lucky

Happy Friday!!!  I should actually say late, late, late Thursday night, early, early, early Friday morning.  :)  It just started snowing here and I am very much hoping for a real snowstorm and not just another bit of weatherman hype.  We've barely had any snow this winter and I am hoping to get enough to build a giant snow fort!  Of course after that it can all melt and spring can come!!!
And since I've had spring on the mind this week I created this St. Patty's Day card for Unity's Friends With Flair.  The February KOM has this beautiful Celtic knot stamp that I just love and I stamped it multiple times for a border and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder onto a bright kelly green cardstock.  I wasn't sure where I was going to go from there until I pulled out my folder of St. Patty's Day papers and found this wonderful shamrock Celtic knot paper by Moxxie.  I edged around the paper with a Krylon gold leafing pen and then heat embossed the sentiment Lucky to have You in gold.  I popped the patterned paper up with adhesive foam and really love how it turned out.  Once again my photography skills don't do the card justice (I always find it harder to photograph embossed cards) and it looks much better in person.  

 I am going to enter it into the February Kit of the Month Sketch Challenge on Unity's blog. 
Wishing you all a fantastic Friday and a happy weekend!

15 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great card! I can't wait to try out these stamps from the kit.

Kary said...

Hi Crystal! LOVE the colours on your card, and I think the paper you used is so pretty, and the celtic knot stamp goes sso well with it. Have a lovely day!! {hugs}

JPScraps said...

I'm a little bit Irish and I love your card!

Ruby said...

I just got these stamps. YOur card is cute.

Sarah said...

Love this card! It turned out fabulously!

Unknown said...

I so love that shade of green- it's so elegant!

Unknown said...

What a great design. My sister just loves Celtic images and I'm sure she would just admire this card.

Linda said...

What a groovey card so pretty.

~Tammy~ said...

I love your Celtic card! This is a beauty!

Maria said...

lovely job! I love the colors.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous embossing!

Gwen said...

WOW! Great card, love all the embossing! Turned out amazing!

Cheri said...

Very pretty! Love the Celtic charm!

Joni M said...

Very clever! What a great card! TFS!

Tameko said...

Beautiful card. I love the contrast between the stamped and embossed images.